Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Music Necklace

I love jewelry!  Big, clunky, gaudy jewelry and even delicate, little pieces of jewelry tend to go with a particular top or dress depending on the "mood."  It's just like wine!

I made this necklace for the music lovers out there and for one of my friends who is very talented at the french horn. :)

This necklace can be made with an instrument charm along with assorted beads.  Or, with any charm that suits your fancy.


First, chose a sparkly, delicate 18" inch chain.  Make sure the charm will be able to fit around the link that will be placed on the chain.


Then, take your time picking out the beads or other charms you'd like to add to the necklace.  It's all about your personality and what you'd like to wear with the piece.

P.S. I can't wait for Les Mis to come out!  I just saw the play this past spring and it was an experience I'll never forget.  Re:  I think I bonded with all of of the other folks sniffling around me.  Make sure to bring tissues to the movie because the story is a tear jerker!

Supplies:

18" inch linked chain with closure (medium to small links)
1 music or hobby of interest charm
3 different round beads
3 eye pins
3 jump rings
1 link

1.  First, take the link and place it through the necklace.
2.  Next, place a jump ring around the charm's ring (using pliers to open the jump ring) and attach it to the link on the necklace.
3.  Take one of the round beads and place the eye pin through the bead.  Use round nose pliers to grasp the end of the pin and curve the pin by using a rolling motion to fold it over a single round prong.
4.  Repeat two times with the other two round beads.
5.  Place each bead (set on the jump ring) on the link to your liking around the charm.

This is by far the easiest and most enjoyable necklace to make because the end result looks STUNNING.  I like to pick shiny and sparkly beads/pearls because they look sharp.

Stay tuned for the music bracelet also pictured below!


I can't wait!  Only about five more months, LOL.

   








No comments:

Post a Comment