Friday, July 27, 2012

Perfectly Pear Sangria


I don't know about you, but I love having fruity wine in the summer! I've been introduced to cranberry, pomegranate, cherry, apple, raspberry, and strawberry wines and they all are quite delicious.  I have to get my one serving of fruit a day, right?

  One particular fruit wine that stands out this summer is pear wine.  The last and first time I tried pear wine was on my trip to Michigan at Black Star Farms and it blew me away.  Can pear wine really be that good?

Yes, it can.
  

However, it's terribly hard to find.  After I came back to VA, I looked EVERYWHERE for pear wine and couldn't find it.  Why didn't I just bring it home with me?  What was I thinking?

Therefore, I decided then and there that if I can't find pear wine, then I shall make it.  Or, even better, make a pear sangria.


The best possible way to get the most natural flavor is by adding Bartlett Pears and adding none other than Absolut Pear Vodka.  The good thing about Abolut vodka is that it's made by all natural ingredients: no fat, no carbs, and no sugar.  Sounds great to me! 




Servings:  8
Serving size- 1 cup of wine 
Calories:  236.5
Fat:  .05 g   
Carbs:  15.71
Fiber:  10.2   g 
Protein:  .27 g 
Points:  1 



Recipe:

2 bottles of Riesling
1 cup of Absolut Pear Vodka
1/4 Triple Sec
2 Bartlett Pears
Club Soda (splash for each glass)
*Please make this the night before.

1.  Place the two bottles of Riesling in a large pitcher.
2.  Add the Absolute Pear Vodka and Triple Sec and mix accordingly.
3.  Refrigerate the wine and have it sit for at least 8 hours.  Once it's ready to serve, cut up the two pears and place them in the pitcher. Pour it in a large wine goblet with a few cubes of ice.  Add just a splash of club soda on top.

Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend! 


2 comments: